2650 Ridge Ave.
Evanston, IL 60201
Phone: (847) 570-1353
Fax: (847) 570-1223
Specialty: Emergency Medicine
Medical Director: Joanna Davidson, MD
Program Director: Alison Ruiz, PA-C
LENGTH OF PROGRAM: 12 months
CLASS SIZE: 2
STARTING DATE: late August
AFFILIATIONS: Rosalind Franklin University and Loyola University
Alison Ruiz, PA-C
Program director for the Jane R Perlman NP/PA Fellowship in Emergency Medicine
847 570 2115
Manager in the ER of Nurse Practitioners/Physician Assistants
847 570 1335
Program Description and History
1-year, post graduate, advanced practice fellowship program for NPs and PAs in emergency medicine. This intensive program offers advanced training in hands-on clinical care, through the use traditional teaching methods, but also the use of our innovative simulation center and cutting edge informatics.
- Weekly lectures/case presentations
- Case based or procedural simulation training
- Monthly MD resident conference
- Monthly ED case review
- Journal club
- Participation in translational research
The majority of clinical hours will be spent training in the NorthShore University Health System emergency departments. Specialized training in the following areas will take place in other departments within the health system and may include clinical sites other than NorthShore.
Admission Process and Timetable
- Must have graduated from an accredited NP/PA program
- Graduates must have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Must be NP/PA certified or certification eligible by June 2014
- Must be willing to relocate to the Chicago-land area for the duration of the fellowship
- Official transcripts from your undergraduate and NP/PA programs
- Three letters of recommendation
- If you are a current student graduating in May: you must include one letter from a preceptor in emergency medicine and one letter from your program director
- If your are currently working as an advanced practice provider: you must include one letter from your supervisor and one letter from a peer
- Official copy of your board certification sent directly from the certifying body
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- A personal statement explaining why you are choosing to apply to this program, including strengths you possess and knowledge you are looking to gain along with your professional goals. Please limit responses to one page.
Interview timeline: Once applications have been received, they will be reviewed and interviews will be offered to those selected from March-April 2014.
1 year program that starts late August 2014
Scholarly aptitude, team work, self-assessment, ability to multi-task, verbal communication, critical thinking skills.
Certificate of completion